|Shorts, H&M. Top, Primark. Blazer, Zara. Bag, French Connection. Shoes, Melissa for Vivienne Westwood. Necklace, family present. Ring and bracelet, vintage.|
A shortish post today guys, I just never got around to posting these pics, taken all the way back in mid June. I couldn’t wait to show off these shorts, which I spotted in H&M probably at the end of May/beginning of June. This was a “I’m going to think about it” situation, and I don’t really know what I had to think about because I love them to bits. Maybe it was the fact that they’re very short, and I guess I felt a little guilty because I already have a pair of leopard print shorts – although this other pair are completely different (and that’s not me trying to justify my purchase, they really are). So at about 13 pounds, I couldn’t resist. This was the first time I wore them, and it seems I really do have a thing for combining pink and leopard (I’ve done it here and here). But the way I see it is that you can’t go wrong with a dash of shocking pink and a classic animal print.
I got this blazer from Zara two summers ago, that was when I started really getting into blazers and the rolled-up sleeve trend was in full swing. I got it in an extra small size – I don’t know what I was thinking! Needless to say I can’t really wear thick stuff underneath it, although that’s fine because I use it mainly during the summer. It’s turned into a wardrobe classic – I don’t use it excessively but I know it’s there when I need it.
The top (seen here) is from Primark – it’s a practically perfect, basic tee. The soft, silk-like fabric is lovely and that’s what stops it from being really casual. Plus it’s a great shade of pink, and need I mention the pocket?
Found this bag at the aforementioned French Connection sample sale I went to back in June. I have way too many bags, especially satchel ones, and yet for some reason I’m far from sick of them! I’ve been using this one like crazy because it’s so ridiculously easy to match with all sorts of outfits and colours.
To finish off, I wanted to send out a big thank you to the lovely girls Brenda and Daw from Sugar Styles for giving me a sunshine award – how nice does that sound? Speaking of sunshine, where the heck has the sun gone? Here in London it’s been raining so much for the last few days – it almost feels like winter! But back to the award, this is how it all goes (love the fact that it involves personal-but-not-too-personal questions, I love revealing random stuff about myself almost as much as I like hearing it from others!)…
The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity
inspire others in the blogging world. The Sunshine Award is given by
bloggers to bloggers as a way to spread the bloggy love.
– Thank the person who gave you this award
– Write a post about it
– Answer to the questions below
– Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them message to let them know.
- Favorite color: If I had to choose just one, then pink it is.
- Favorite animal: Rabbits.
- Favorite number: 5… I don’t know why, it just sounds kinda good.
- What perfume am I using right now? Nina by Nina Ricci.
- Something you always wear with you and identifies you: My mom’s ring – pure sentimental value.
- What’s your passion? I couldn’t choose between art and fashion.
- Getting or giving presents? Both! Although giving can be a real headache…
- What was the last eyeshadow you used? An amazing purple eyeshadow by Mac. That was years ago – I now only use eyeliner.
9. Favorite day of the week: Friday, need I say why?
10. Are your nails painted right now? No, I’m giving them a much deserved break.
So here are the bloggers who I would love to pass it on to (in no particular order)…
OK, I guess it wasn’t such a short post after all, but it’s worth spreading the love! Hope you’ve all had a lovely start to the week.